Monday, June 28, 2010

Week 13

13 Week Baby Applet!


I had my new OB appt this last week. It was with a nurse midwife who helped train me while I was in my midwifery training. We did the usual exam with pap (lovely), then heard the heartbeat, a nice strong 150 beats per minute, and then played with the US to see my little cherub. The baby was laying with its back to us and then all at once I saw arms punch, legs kick and the baby turned and faced us. AMAZING! We got some cute pictures. Sure looks like it's growing well. It brought tears to my eyes seeing the miracle at work inside of me.




I had a viral thing this week with a sore throat and stuffed nose, but the nausea is gone and the heartburn is pretty much gone as well. So I'm feeling quite well. I know I'm not supposed to sleep on my back, but I'm amazed how my body says this isn't okay when I end up there. So I've invested in a pillow on either side of me to put between my legs. Thankfully we have a king so there's still room for the Shan man! We've set out anatomy US for July 30th in hopes of knowing the sex before we meet up with family in Mexico to share the news in person.




We are hosting our annual All You Can Eat Ice Cream for Breakfast on July 4th! We love having friends, family, and neighbors over for this silly event! If you're in the area, you should come ove between 10 and 1. Bring a bowl and topping to share and we'll provide the ice cream!




Shan and I are starting to talk about: baby names, baby room ideas and the need to register for our baby. I'm excited to register, Shan is not...That's okay I guess. We've decided to do cloth diapers and found a great diaper service that seems quite affordable. So I won't have to launder the diapers, which makes me happy! And I won't have as much garbage!




My belly is poking out all the more. It feels like my body has these major changes and yet I only gained 2 pounds in my 1st trimester, feels like about 15 lbs have been gained...it's all about perspective I guess. I've found these belly bands that I wear over my dress pants so that I can keep the button unbuttoned...weird concept but amazing how much more comfortable it is!




Well this has turned into a random post...so I'll close with some pics of our 13 weeker!


love, shauna


1 comment: