Monday, May 10, 2010

First OB Appt



I had my first OB appt today with the nurse! I had a big form to fill out ahead of time and we set an appt for me to have my dating US tomorrow since the last few months of periods have been weird due to my miscarriage in January. If you didn't know, they use the last menstrual period to pick the due date so it's important to know. So they drew labs and sent me on my way. Feels fun to be the patient as she went through all I should and shouldn't do while pregnant. I had to remind her to treat me like a patient, not a midwife.

I spent last week in MN and told my brother first about the news! He was so happy for us and even more excited that he was the first family member to hear our news! I spent the weekend with Josh, Rachael and the 3 kids and saw a preview of life to come! What a joy! I loved being called "auntie."
Then I left for my friend, Trang's house who has a 2 month old. Another preview of what's to come! I was at her house for 5 days just sharing what it's like to be a new mommy. She gave me lots of tips on everything from breastfeeding to cool things to buy for the baby. A much needed education as my confidence wanes beyond pregnancy and delivery when I have a real live human to care for.

I have a feeling that I'm further along than I thought. Ultrasound will right this wrong. Way to go midwife, got the first question wrong on the pregnancy quiz...

shauna

No comments:

Post a Comment